Registration Opens (Uswim tent on Beach)
- 7.30- 8.00am - 5mile ST TUDWALS Swimmers/Support Kayaks
- 9.30-10.30am - 400m/1/2mile Swimmers
Swim Start times (running from beach into water)
- Five Mile - 9.00am (From half penny beach) -IMPORTANT; SUPPORT KAYAKERS need to paddle from Abersoch Beach to Half Penny Bay for swim start (1mile in distance)
- 400m (U14’s) – 10.45am
- One/Two Mile – 11.30am
Presentation (near finish arch)
- 400m (U14's) - 11.15am
- One/Two/Five Mile - 1.30pm (approx)
5mile SAFETY KAYAKS; The kayak support (to be provided by each swimmer) are requested to meet at Half Penny Bay (1mile paddle from Abersoch Beach) for a 9.00am start time. Ensure all kayaks are equipped with a whistle, their swimmers drinks/food.
In the event of bad weather we reserve the right to shorten the courses, or, if the guidance from local experts is not too swim as too dangerous, to cancel the swims. If this unlikely event were to happen we will refund you a maximum of 25% of your race entry fee.
Previous Race Pics
John from ‘Totally Abersoch’ was wandering around snapping merrily so odds on that he’s captured all our swimmers grinning and gasping like fishes. They are freely downloadable so have a peek and check out what the event was all about!
Check out photos from the Abersoch Oceanswim 2014 Event here!
Check out the video from last year's Abersoch event
ONLINE ENTRIES NOW CLOSED. ENTRIES AVAILABLE ON DAY £+10 ON USUAL FEE
- 400m (U14’s): £10.00
- One Mile*: £30.00 (Under 14's £10) *Open to competent U14's
- Two Mile*: £35.00 (U14's £10) *Open to competent U14's
- Five Mile: £60.00 - REQUIRES INDIVIDUAL KAYAK SUPPORT / TOWFLOAT. In addition Uswim Safety boat provided
- ENTRY ON DAY ADDITIONAL £10 except U16's (same price). Goody bags not guaranteed.
Abersoch Beach, Abersoch, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, LL53 7EY